This Ramadan, join the Give 30 movement and help feed hungry neighbours!
April 13 – May 13
Ramadan is a time for empathy, compassion, and giving. Let’s come together in the spirit of Ramadan to help feed hungry children, seniors, families, and neighbours and fight against hunger in Mississauga.
When you donate this Ramadan, your gift will DOUBLE and go the distance to meet the demand for emergency food that has grown since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. In the past year, more than 30,000 neighbours have reached out to us for support, and over 7,500 were first-time food bank users.
With your support, we can continue to provide nutritious food to hungry neighbours and ensure no one in Mississauga goes hungry.
This Ramadan, thanks to the generous contribution of one of our supporters, the first $25,000 will be matched to provide food for twice as many hungry neighbours!
Here’s how you can support Give 30 this year:
- Make a financial donation! $60 provides food for 120 meals x 2 with the match to equal 240 meals!
- Host a contactless food drive to collect the most needed items for emergency hampers.
- Set up a Ramadan fundraiser or consider hosting a virtual iftar to raise funds.
- Challenge yourself to give up something for 30 days (eg coffee, sugar, etc.) to show your solidarity.
- Send and tag us on photos and videos of your family participating in our Give 30 campaign and you could be included in our social media posts!
- Spread the word! Your advocacy can inspire others to join the fight against hunger. Be sure to tag us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
Food donations can be brought directly to The Mississauga Food Bank at 3121 Universal Drive
or dropped off at any local fire station in Mississauga. Click here for more details.
Organize a Fundraiser or Contactless Food Drive
You can start a fundraiser or a food drive!
Follow these simple steps to get started:
- Register your fundraiser or food drive.
- Check out our resource page for downloadable posters, and fundraising ideas. There are creative ways to fundraise and host food drives virtually or with no-contact during COVID-19.
- Thinking of Hosting a Contactless Food Drive or Virtual Iftar Fundraiser? Click here for more information.
- Raise money and food in support of The Mississauga Food Bank!
- Get your donations to the food bank by May 13, 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact Shelita Yacoob at 905.270.5589 ext. 237 or email@example.com.
Give 30 Resources
You can help promote our Give 30 campaign this Ramadan by downloading and sharing these resources.
Give 30 Food Drive General Poster
Give 30 Food Drive Corporate Challenge Poster
Give 30 Food Drive Community Challenge Poster
Give 30 Food Drive School Challenge Poster
Most Needed Household Items Poster
Social Media Graphics!