Who can receive home delivery?
If you are a Mississauga resident, this program may be available to you if you meet one of the following requirements:
- You are 65+ years old
- You have a physical disability that keeps you
from accessing a local food bank
- You have a long term illness that keeps you from accessing a local food bank
- You are a single, new or expecting mother who is homebound
- AND, you do not live with a household member who is able to visit a food bank on your behalf
What food is included in a delivery?
Volunteers will ‘shop’ in our warehouse on behalf of the individual, based on their dietary needs, then bring the groceries to their home.
Each monthly delivery will provide approximately 7 days of food, which will include:
Fruits and Vegetables (Seasonal fresh produce, canned fruit/veg)
Protein (Frozen meat, eggs, canned beans/meat)
Grains (Rice, oats, flour , pasta)
How YOU can get involved!
If you are interested in supporting Food Bank 2 Home, you can:
- Volunteer as a Home Delivery Driver, Leader or be a part of our support crew!
- Spread the word: Talk to your family and friends about how Food Bank 2 Home has a positive impact on our hungry neighbours.
- Ask Questions! If you have questions about this program, or if you are unsure if you qualify, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 905.270.5589
The Mississauga Food Bank gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Pendle Fund at the Community Foundation of Mississauga, a registered charitable public foundation serving the people of Mississauga.