Help raise $200,000 and
150,000 pounds of food by April 11!
Spring brings a renewed sense of energy. This year more than any other year, help feed hungry children, seniors, families, and neighbours and make for a brighter tomorrow.
Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, more than 30,000 neighbours have reached out to us for support. We have more than doubled the amount of food that we’re giving out in our community. It is critical that we continue to fundraise to support the growing need for emergency food in our community. With you by our side, we can ensure no one in Mississauga goes hungry.
This spring, the first $10,000 donated will be matched, dollar for dollar by Scotts Canada to provide twice as many meals!
Here’s how you can support this year’s Spring Food Drive:
- Organize a fundraiser or food drive!
- Make a financial donation! $60 provides 120 meals x 2 with the match to equal 240 meals!
- Participate in our Contactless Scavenger Hunt.
- Send us photos and videos of your family participating in our spring campaign and you could be included in our campaign thank you video! Please try to send in horizontal format with the subject line “Spring Drive Video”.
- Spread the word! Share your fundraising progress with us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn
Food donations can be brought directly to The Mississauga Food Bank at 3121 Universal Drive
or dropped off at any local fire station in Mississauga. Click here for more details.
The Spring Food Drive is generously sponsored by:
Thanks to our generous friends at Scotts Canada, the first $10,000
donated will be matched and your gift will be doubled!
Organize a Fundraiser or Contactless Food Drive
You can start a fundraiser or a food drive!
Follow these simple steps to get started:
- Register your fundraiser or food drive.
- Check out our resource page for downloadable posters, and fundraising ideas. There are creative ways to fundraise and host food drives virtually or with no-contact during COVID-19.
- Raise money and food in support of The Mississauga Food Bank!
- Get your donations to the food bank by April 11, 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact Shelita Yacoob at 905.270.5589 ext. 237 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring Drive Resources
You can help promote the 2021 Spring Food Drive by downloading and sharing these resources.
Spring Food Drive General Poster
Spring Food Corporate Challenge Poster
Spring Food Community Challenge Poster
Spring Food School Challenge Poster
Scavenger Hunt Activity Sheet.
Social Media Graphics!
CAN You Find it? Scavenger Hunt
Join us in this family-friendly spring food drive scavenger hunt!