The Mississauga Food Bank recognizes generous supporters and volunteers at annual celebration.
Last night, we held a special event at the Food Bank’s warehouse to celebrate the year’s most generous supporters, including organizers of the largest food drives and fundraising campaigns. Awards were given to the “Volunteer of the Year”, “Corporate Volunteer Team of the Year”, “Member Agency of the Year” and the “Top 5 Contributors” in the categories of Workplace, Community, and School Campaigns, and Corporate Food Donations.
The individual and corporate Volunteers of the Year were recognized for their ongoing commitment to creating A Mississauga Where No One Goes Hungry. Those who were recognized demonstrate a desire to go above and beyond in serving their hungry neighbours. The Member Agency of the Year was recognized for their commitment to treating clients with respect, dignity, and compassion and for cultivating strong ties in the community. The winners are listed below:
Volunteer of the Year: Brian Sharp
Member Agency of the Year: Reachout Committee
The “Top 5 Contributors” were recognized combining the value of food and funds raised to reflect the number of meals each group provided. A complete list of the award recipients can be found below:
Top 5 Workplace Campaigns
1) Alectra Utilities – 107,500 meals
2) Purolator – 64,595 meals
3) PointClickCare – 37,853 meals
4) BDO Canada – 25,047 meals
5) GE Capital Canada Commercial Equipment Finance – 4,741 meals
Top 5 Community Campaigns
1) CBC Toronto Sounds of the Season – 98,563 meals
2) Twas the Bite Before Christmas Community Foundation – 75,000 meals
3) OPP Auxiliary Cram The Cruiser – 61,849 meals
4) Michael ‘Pinball’ Clemons Foundation Just Give – 41,992 meals
5) Rashna Chotai’s Meadowvale Village Neighbours Food Drive – 12,123 meals
Top 5 School Campaigns
1) Camilla Road Sr. Public School – 7,304 meals
2) Streetsville Secondary School – 4,277 meals
3) John Fraser Secondary School – 4,211 meals
4) Olive Grove School – 5,658 meals
5) Fallingbrook Middle School – 3,739 meals
Top 5 Corporate Food Donors
1) Walmart – 652,487 meals
2) Loblaws – 223,841 meals
3) Sobeys – 90,610 meals
4) Liberte Natural Foods – 74,259 meals
5) Kruger Products L.P. – 45,000 lbs of toilet paper, as receiving household goods at no cost helps families offset grocery bills
Want to see photos from the event? Click here!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.