About the role
The Mississauga Food Bank will be conducting surveys to collect and publish data for its annual Face of Hunger impact report. This research is important for both programming and advocacy efforts to ultimately reduce hunger.
Assist the Mississauga Food Bank to collect accurate information from clients who visit any of our Network agencies in the city of Mississauga.
- You will be responsible for collecting survey data from food bank clients on a one on one basis either in person or through the phone.
- You will assist with recording the answers and take all the necessary notes on a laptop, tablet, or paper.
- Prior to surveying, you will need to complete training on surveying protocols with the Programs team.
- Volunteer hours for collecting responses are during the day or evening time from Monday to Friday.
- Volunteers do not need prior experience in evaluation but must be comfortable engaging with clients to complete the survey either in person or by phone.
- Must be 19+ years of age.
- Since the volunteer will be interacting with clients, excellent people skills will be required.
- Fluency in English and good note-taking skills.
- Ability to work with the public.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patience and understanding/sensitivity to unique client needs.
- An additional language will be an asset (Arabic, Spanish, Urdu, Punjabi, Tamil, Polish or another language).
- Covid-19 Vaccine required.
- Agency Relations Assistants and Agency Relations Coordinator.
- Training relevant to the role will be provided either on-site or virtually.
- Gain experience and insight into poverty and hunger issues in Mississauga.
- Participate in important research and gain interviewing skills.
Our Application Process
Complete and submit the application form above.
Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to chat further about the role and your availability.
If you are confirmed for a role, our Volunteer Coordinator will provide details for onboarding and how to create your account in our Volunteer Hub platform.
If this volunteer role sounds like the right fit for you, apply now!
More Volunteer Opportunities
If you would like to see other available volunteer opportunities, please click below!