This spring, help us raise $750,000 by April 23!
The first $15,000 donated will be matched, dollar for dollar by Scotts Canada Ltd.
to provide healthy food for twice as many meals!
Your gift today will ensure that they have access to healthy and nutritious food.
The month of January saw the highest number of food bank users ever in the history of The Mississauga Food Bank with 13,326 food bank users. This is a 41% increase year over year. By supporting the Spring Drive, you will help us meet this emergency need that is only continuing to rise for our most vulnerable neighbours.
Here’s how you can support this year’s Spring Drive:
- Make a financial donation – Help raise money to enable us to purchase fresh food in bulk and provide food for healthy meals to neighbours. $30 provides food for 30 meals, and with the match, that equals 60 meals!
- Sign up today and create your own spring-themed fundraising page in support of your hungry neighbours. Set a fundraising goal, and share your page with friends, family, and coworkers to give back in a meaningful way.
- Join the Give 30 Movement – Help feed your hungry neighbours this Ramadan.
- Host an event – Choose The Mississauga Food Bank as a community partner of choice when hosting a workplace or community event.
- Spread the word – Share updates with your friends on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok or LinkedIn.
- Check out our volunteer opportunities!
Please consider making a monetary donation or organizing a fundraiser in place of a food drive. As we move our operations to a new facility, we have limited capacity to pick up and store food donations. If you are looking to make a food donation to the Spring Drive, we encourage you to drop off food at your local fire station in Mississauga or participating grocery stores across the city.
The Spring Drive is generously sponsored by:
Thanks to our friends at Scotts Canada Ltd., the first $15,000
donated will be matched, and your gift will be DOUBLED!
Scotts Canada Ltd. has been a proud partner of The Mississauga Food Bank
for over a decade and their generous support of the Spring Drive means that we can provide healthy and appropriate food for twice as many meals to hungry neighbours across the city.
Create Your Own Fundraising Page
An easy and meaningful way to give back this Spring!
Follow these simple steps to get started:
- Register to become an individual fundraiser, a team captain, or a member of an existing team.
- Customize your fundraising page by setting a goal and by adding photos, videos, personalized messages, and more.
- Invite your community to donate and raise funds in support of The Mississauga Food Bank!
- Reach your goal and thank your friends, family, and/or co-workers for helping you feed hungry neighbours.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us at 905.270.5589 or email@example.com.
Spring Drive Resources
You can help promote the 2023 Spring Drive by downloading and sharing these resources.
Spring Drive Fundraising Poster
Spring Drive Ways to Get Involved Poster
Spring Drive Urgently Needed Items
Social Media Graphics:
Upcoming Spring Events
Join the Give 30 Movement
Help feed your hungry neighbours this Ramadan.
Ramadan is a time for empathy, compassion, and giving. Give 30 encourages everyone, regardless of faith, to show empathy for those who face food insecurity by donating to local food banks. Let’s come together in the spirit of Ramadan to help feed hungry children, seniors, families, and neighbours across Mississauga.