A Mississauga where no one goes hungry
Effectively sourcing, managing and distributing healthy food to those in need.
What We Do
The Mississauga Food Bank is the central food bank in Mississauga, Ontario. We provide food for over 183,000 meals each month. Half of all this food is fruit, vegetables, meat and dairy products. Thousands of individuals and families across Mississauga rely on us every day.
The Mississauga Food Bank is a federally registered charitable organization: 11892 7011 RR0001
• Hungry Mississauga residents living in poverty are our highest priority.
• We focus on activities that help meet their current and future food need.
• We source the healthiest, most nutritious food possible.
• We value our relationships with other organizations that serve those living in poverty and support poverty-reduction activities.
• We value the contributions of our donors, volunteers, and member agencies.
• We are entrepreneurial.
• We strive for continuous improvement by using the latest technology, seeking creative solutions and taking calculated risks.
• Excellence and efficiency are our standards.
• We set goals and measure our results, relying on data to make decisions.
• We value professional development.
• The united contributions of donors, volunteers, and staff make achieving our mission possible.
• We are enthusiastic and willing to do whatever it takes to achieve our goals. We celebrate successes.
• We communicate openly with one another and embrace diverse views.
• We are donor-centric. We regularly report on the impact donor support has made.
• We steward our finances to achieve the greatest impact.
• We welcome visitors, inquiries and questions.