To say that The Mississauga Food Bank could not function without our volunteers is an understatement – their commitment is immeasurable and invaluable. Members of our community invest more than 10,000 hours every year in helping to fight hunger and feed hope in Mississauga.
Volunteers help by:
• Working in the warehouse: sorting and packing food, cleaning, etc.
• Assisting our truck driver pick up and make deliveries
• Assisting with administrative tasks
• Organizing and assisting at special events
• Driving the truck – picking up and making deliveries
• Staffing our reception desk
• Contributing as members of our Board of Directors and other committees
2. Book your shifts. Please note that shifts fill up quickly, so be prepared to book well in advance.
* We rely on our volunteers to work the shifts they have committed to. Cancellations should be made at least 24 hrs. in advance.
**Please note that we are no longer able to accept court-ordered volunteers and will not be providing letters confirming hours served for mandated/court-ordered volunteer service. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Questions about volunteering should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 905.270.5589.