- Getting food to those who need it most
- Our generous neighbours helped us exceed our Spring Drive goal
- Mississauga Tim Hortons Owners have an appetite to improve the lives of their hungry neighbours
- Meet our new Friend Sponsor – Nissan Canada Foundation
- Chris Hatch honoured with Diamond Jubilee Medal
- Help us reach our Spring Drive goal
- Spring Drive Update
- Spring Drive starts Monday!
- Member Agency Event: Free Seniors Information & Active Living Fair
- Unitarian Congregation Church’s Creative Food Drive!
Volunteer groups and individuals may now schedule themselves for upcoming volunteer shifts.
Questions about volunteering should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 905.270.5589.
**Please note that we are no longer able to accept court-ordered volunteers and will not be providing letters confirming hours served for mandated/court-ordered volunteer service. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Volunteer Opportunities at our Member Agencies:
Wednesday 1:30-5:30, Friday 11:30-5:30
|We are in immediate need of volunteers for Wed 1:30-5:30 or Fri 11:30-2:30 or 2:30-5:30 shifts.Volunteer shoppers assist the clients as they shop in the market. This is an interactive role that can be a sign-up-as-you-go position. You can also choose to volunteer on a regular schedule.|
Mon 2:00-5:30 or 5:15-8:30, Wed 1:00-5:30, Fri 11:00-2:30 or 2:15-5:30
Are you a friendly, outgoing person who enjoys serving others? Our hospitality position could be a good fit for you! The tasks include preparing snack trays, serving coffee and tea, as well as keeping the dishes, the kitchen and the coffee shop clean. This is a sign-up-as-you-go position.
|Office Volunteers:Mon 12-5 or 5-8, Wed 12-5, Fri 10-5:00||
Office volunteers assist the Market Manager with scheduling, returning phone calls, responding to e-mails, organizing volunteer orientations, photocopying, preparing posters, checking program dates. This position requires good computer skills and a weekly commitment.
To apply, visit www.thecompass.ca and download an application form and 2 reference sheets or pick up the forms at The Compass during The Market Food Bank hours. For more information, call 905-274-9309.
Breakfast with Santa Foundation
Breakfast With Santa Foundation needs your help with sorting and cataloguing presents on April 23 from 5:30-9:00pm at The Mississauga News, 3145 Wolfedale Rd, Mississauga. For more information, or to sign up, contact Maria Esteves at email@example.com.