- Mississauga soldiers collecting food and cash at local grocery stores for The Mississauga Food Bank
- Holiday Drive Update
- Holiday Volunteer Opportunities
- Food Bank Families in Mississauga to Get More Milk Starting This Week
- Get Ready For ‘Twas the Bite Before Christmas
- The Mississauga Food Bank Launches its 2013 Holiday Food and Fundraising Drive
- Buy a Rotary Christmas Hamper for a hungry family
- Farmers’ Tax Credit for Food Bank Donations Becomes Law
- Hunger Count 2013
Questions about volunteering should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 905.270.5589.
**Please note that we are no longer able to accept court-ordered volunteers and will not be providing letters confirming hours served for mandated/court-ordered volunteer service. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Volunteer Opportunities at our Member Agencies or Community Partners:
Seva Food Bank - http://www.sevafoodbank.com/volunteer/
Breakfast with Santa Foundation
- Saturday, December 7, 14, 21 – The Mississauga Convention Centre, 75 Derry Rd.
- Sunday, December 15 – Portugese Cultural Centre Mississauga, Queen & Britannia Rd.
- Sunday, December 22 – Mississauga Grand Banquet and Convention Centre, 35 Brunel Rd.
Contact Maria for more information - email@example.com
Wednesday 1:30-5:30, Friday 11:30-5:30
|We are in immediate need of volunteers for Wed 1:30-5:30 or Fri 11:30-2:30 or 2:30-5:30 shifts.Volunteer shoppers assist the clients as they shop in the market. This is an interactive role that can be a sign-up-as-you-go position. You can also choose to volunteer on a regular schedule.|
Mon 2:00-5:30 or 5:15-8:30, Wed 1:00-5:30, Fri 11:00-2:30 or 2:15-5:30
Are you a friendly, outgoing person who enjoys serving others? Our hospitality position could be a good fit for you! The tasks include preparing snack trays, serving coffee and tea, as well as keeping the dishes, the kitchen and the coffee shop clean. This is a sign-up-as-you-go position.
|Office Volunteers:Mon 12-5 or 5-8, Wed 12-5, Fri 10-5:00||
Office volunteers assist the Market Manager with scheduling, returning phone calls, responding to e-mails, organizing volunteer orientations, photocopying, preparing posters, checking program dates. This position requires good computer skills and a weekly commitment.
To apply, visit www.thecompass.ca and download an application form and 2 reference sheets or pick up the forms at The Compass during The Market Food Bank hours. For more information, call 905-274-9309.